PET LOSS SUPPORT:
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement www.aplb.org. This is a unique organization that provides FREE services to anyone bereaving for a beloved pet. Their chat rooms are facilitated by specially trained pet bereavement counselors and they also offer personal E-mail assistance.
- www.pet-loss.net provides helpful resources for pre-loss bereavement, helping children cope, quality of life, conquering guilt and much more.
- www.RainbowBridge.com provides a space for virtual memorials and a grief support community.
- www.griefhealing.com is Marty Tousley's website, providing courses in grief healing as well as articles and book lists for adults and children.
- Ontario Pet Loss Support Group offers compassionate understanding through phone support, meetings, and Facebook www.ontariopetloss.org
- Ontario Veterinary College Pet Loss Support Hotline at ovc.uoguelph.ca/petloss Email: email@example.com, Tel: 519-824-4120 x 53694
- Halton/Peel Pet Loss Support Group at www.mississaugapets.com/petloss.html Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liz Sinclair Kruth - Guelph, ON
You will also find many counselors, therapists, and psychologists online. You can perform a Google search or use a directory for grief counselors in your area. Here is a link to an online directory where you can find many qualified counselors and therapists in your area theravive.com.
PUBLICATIONS (available at amazon.ca):
The Loss of a Pet by Wallace Sife PhD
Children and Pet Loss by Marty Tousley
A Peaceful Path by M.J. Tucci and Laurie Califf
Goodbye Friend by Gary Kowalksi
Coping with Sorrow on the Loss of Your Pet by Moira Anderson Allen (available as an E-book for $5US at www.pet-loss.net)
The Grief Recovery Handbook for Pet Loss by Russell Friedman, Cole James & John W. James
When Your Pet Dies: A Guide to Mourning, Remembering and Healing by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD